Come and enjoy a mediaeval stay with Yelloh! Village
Travel back in time to the era of knights and princesses during the Middle Ages! You'll hear chivalrous anecdotes and stories, and discover a unique and preserved architectural heritage. Below are a few towns close to our Yelloh! Village campsites which are worth a visit:
- Brittany is also home to various mediaeval towns such as Dinan, with its half-timbered houses, and Saint-Malo, the pirate city looking out to sea.
- All over the Loire, don't forget to visit the splendid Renaissance Châteaux and enjoy a trip back through France's history with our villages in Angers and Mesland.
- Take your family to visit the fortified town of Guérande, beside the Loire, where you'll find out all sorts of things about the famous personality known as Bluebeard!
- During your holiday in the Aude, pay a visit to the splendid city of Carcassonne, with its castle looking out over the Massif des Corbières.
- In Camargue, Gard, you'll be amazed by Aigues-Mortes, with its fortified town and tower looking out over the salt marshes.
- On the Côte d’Azur, just a few minutes away from Saint-Tropez, don't forget to visit Ramatuelle and wander through its tangled alleyways.
- In the Dordogne, come and have a look around Bergerac, a sun-drenched town with a rich architectural heritage.
- And in Gascony you'll find the town of Auch, which is where D'Artagnan came from.
Visiting these towns is novel and good fun, with their rich historical and architectural heritage, and people of all ages will love seeing them. So why not come and enjoy a mediaeval stay during your camping holiday with Yelloh! Village!