Free cancellation right up until D-2 before arrival for a selection of accommodation options! Find out more
Come and discover the Auvergne volcanoes
Right in the heart of the Massif Central, Auvergne volcanoes stretches from the mountain chain of les Puys to the north to the Aubrac plateau to the south. Come and explore these mountains, with all their different origins and ages:
- Artense, the granite plateau
- the Massif du Cézallier, a volcanic plateau reaching an altitude of 1,551 metres
- the Monts Dore, site of one of Auvergne's biggest volcanic eruptions
- the Massif du Cantal, Europe's largest stratovolcano
- the Puy de Sancy, which rises to an altitude of 1,886 metres, and which can be reached via a cable car
- … and all sorts of other mountains and Massifs!
The Parc des Volcans d’Auvergne is home to a wide range of natural habitats. Come and enjoy seeing one of its lakes, which orginate from the Ice Age, such as le Lac-d’en-Bas, or one of the volcanic lakes, such as le Lac Pavin or le Lac Chambon. During a little walk with the family, you may come across a chamois, a peregrine falcon or even an otter!
Camping Auvergne volcanoes
To find out more about the volcanoes of Auvergne, head for Vulcania! An amusement park set in the heart of the Auvergne volcanoes region, carved out of the volcanic rock, it will unveil all the secrets of the volcanoes to you! With 3D films, big screens, dynamic platforms and special effects, people of all ages will just love this fun, cultural tour!