Data protection policy
Yelloh! Village, listed in the trade and companies register of Nimes, France, under number 432 366 839, has always been committed to respecting your private life and protecting your personal data. Yelloh! Village is now compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which came into force throughout the European Union on 25th May 2018, and now introduces its data protection policy. This policy may change, especially if legislation is altered.
Question 1: What data is collected?
While you are browsing the www.yellohvillage.co.uk website, at various times we ask you to provide different items of personal data. For example:
- When you make a booking
- When you log into your personal space
- When you chat to us online
- When you complete our satisfaction questionnaire
- When you use our app
- When you subscribe to the newsletter or use our contact form
The data requested consists of:
- Your details: surname, first name, date of birth, place of birth, address, telephone and fax number, mobile number, ID card number, vehicle number plate
- Information about other people with you: surname, first name, date and place of birth, for which you undertake to obtain prior consent
- Aspects associated with the customer account: password, previous stays, favourites, travel preferences (date of stay, campsite and accommodation booked, length of stay)
- Commercial information: newsletter subscription, commercial push sms notifications, receipt of partner offers
- Payment information (payment method, amount paid)
- Communication with us by post, electronic messages, chat services, telephone calls or calls using social networks, responses to satisfaction questionnaires
- Information pertaining to your use of our website and/or app
- Information concerning your job applications on our website (CV, covering letter, photo)
We also collect other data that can be activated or deactivated from your devices:
- The geographical location in real time of your smartphone if you have activated this function. This data is requested but not stored.
You can decide whether or not to provide this information, however some of the services and functionalities we provide may not operate properly if you do not. Information required for our services and functionalities to operate properly is always marked by an asterisk in our forms.
Question 2: How is it used?
The data we collect from you is used on a case-by-case basis:
- For managing and confirming a booking: receiving payment, confirming your bookings and sending you information about your stay by SMS, email or app.
- For enabling you to browse the www.yellohvillage.co.uk website or on our app, accessing your My Account area on our various media and using the services, products and information available.
- For providing Yelloh! Village news and information about new features as well as suggesting customised offers and services. You can change your subscription preferences at any time by going to your My Account area.
- For conducting surveys and technical tests for optimising our website, improving our tools and services and providing you with a browsing experience that is constantly being optimised
- For responding to your questions, requests and complaints when you use our contact form or online chat service, ensuring they are followed up, and improving customer service
- For recording your opinions after your stays via our satisfaction questionnaire, as well as carrying out statistical surveys.
- For noting and managing your entry to competitions available on various media (Facebook, Instagram etc.) throughout the year and sending you your prizes.
- For analysing your experience and drawing up a profile so as to understand, anticipate and assess your preferences, to enable us to suggest offers that suit your expectations. As part of this processing, your personal information may be sent to our technical contractors. For these analyses, your permission will be sought beforehand in your Customer area.
- For respecting the law and for responding, if necessary, to legal authorities, for ensuring that the general terms and conditions are observed, for notifying the authorities in the event of actions taking place that are against the law and for protecting our rights with regard to loss or damage.
Question 3: What is a cookie?
When you visit our website, a permanent “cookie” (a small text file) is assigned to you and it shall be stored on your computer. The cookie enables us to identify you when you visit our website so that we can improve your browsing on the website and personalize your on-line experience (automatic recognition, memorisation of your favourite residences, etc.).
We also collect technical information on your computer each time that you open a page during your visit to our sites. This information covers your IP address (Internet Protocol), the operating system that you use, the type of browser and the address of the website that you have come from, if relevant. We collect this information in order to improve the quality of your visit experience to our website, and we neither sell nor transfer this information to third parties.
Most browsers automatically accept these cookies, but you can remove them or activate the rejection of cookies. As each browser is different, you need to check in the “Help” menu of your browser on how to modify your preferences regarding cookies. The website’s behaviour remains the same and all its functionalities are accessible.
Question 4: Who do we send your information to?
We may need to share your data with third parties, especially sub-contracting technology companies which enable us to customise our products & services on our website and on our app while respecting legislation, plus secure payment companies and our travel partners such as Cartrawler and Bravofly.
Question 5: How is your data protected?
To protect your data, a strict security procedure has been established. Data used is encrypted and protected using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol for managing and transferring it fully securely via a secure connection on a dedicated network.
Your personal data is stored in Europe and may sometimes be sent to third parties located outside the EEA, while observing this same data protection policy in line with European law pertaining to data protection. We ask them to treat your information with the same rigour as that used by Yelloh! Village in accordance with the GDPR.
Question 6 : How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary in order to provide the aforementioned benefits and services. If you have a customer account, your data is kept during the period in which this account is used.
Personal data pertaining to your bookings is kept for longer so as to make sure we satisfy legal obligations (such as tax regulations or regarding sale and for purposes involving insurance cover).
Question 7: What are your rights?
In accordance with the law, you have the right to know about the type of personal data collected, and to access, rectify, update and remove this data. You can change your preferences concerning how your personal information is processed (profiling, newsletter subscription etc.), and ask for your information to be transferred to you or to a third party.
To exercise all of these rights, you can log into your account or contact our customer services department: email@example.com.
Question 8: Who controls this data?
EUROPE PLEIN AIR SA is responsible for processing your personal data. Its head office is at 7, Chemin du Môle, Aigues-Mortes (30), France.
Our data protection officer (DPO) is responsible for observing our data protection policy. If you wish to register a complaint, he can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.